Thursday, April 14, 2005

Oil, mega-uptrend, This Co. has the oil, pumping it daily

More news was released today for TiRR, apparently. If you know who TiRR are, do tell, as I don't have the dejection to put it into Google.

Route back was the same in reverse order, starting in American Fork instead. First off, we left late. Nothing surprising with my family. We were supposed to leave at 3 pm Friday. We left at 8, after a stop at the Hawthorne Safeway and Fred Meyer. My father drove up 39th Ave, then hopped onto the Banfield Freeway. At about 50th Avenue, the freeway has an interesting trailblazer sign: On top, the blue interstate cardinal sign (East), then the US 30 shield, and on bottom the I-84 shield. The speed signs still say 55 in the Portland Metro area. As soon as the 84 clears the mile-long interchange with I-205, it switches names from the Banfield to the Columbia River Highway. At this point, it's simply known locally as the 84. Six lanes till exit 16-- two lanes drop at the interchange, then the freeway crosses the Sandy River and enters the Columbia River Gorge. From Exit 17 to about Exit 40, US 30 is not signed with I-84 on the trailblazers, despite being marked as duplexed on my 1989, 1997, 1999 (no longer in my possesion-- traded out for the 1989) and 2004 Portland Metro Thomas Guide and in my 2003 Pacific NW Thomas Guide Atlas, as well as noted on Mike Wiley's site. Exit 35 is a left exit for the parking lot for Multnomah Falls; the parking lot sits between the mainlines, with pedestrian access to the Falls under the eastbound lanes. As soon as the Historic Columbia River Highway joins with the 84, the US 30 shields appear under the I-84 shields again. At Exit 179, I-82 branches north toward the Tri-Cities of Washington. I-82 in Oregon, looking at my Pac NW TG, is marked opposite of its cardinal direction. Traveling east on 82 from Washington is actually headed southwest. While there isn't much point in suggesting this, it'd be more logical to mark I-82 in Oregon as north-south. Of course, the entire point might be made moot if ODOT and the state take the idea of an I-7 seriously at all. Here's to hoping!